Thursday, June 9, 2011

the day I turned 40

Was a totally gorgeous day! This is what I found when I finally rolled out of bed on the boat at almost noon. Bella had come and decorated!


Then after a little brunch I went for a lovely bike ride and discovered the biggest lilac bush I have ever seen!


I just had to come over and be surrounded by their amazing smell and look out onto the lake and feel grateful for all the beauty around me.


Then I went back to the boat and set up my tanning bed on the roof where a very insistent red-winged black bird kept calling to me to feed him.


He keeps getting closer but is not as tame as the one the fine fellow fed by hand last year.


And then, since it had been such a strenuous day, I took a nap.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds marvelous. What a lovely way to spend ones birthday. I hope it was even better than what it sounds.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...