Monday, May 9, 2011

blue and green

A couple of friends from work commissioned me to make some special requests and I finished one of them this weekend. Wendy's daughter Emily is going to two proms - she's doing a very princess-y outfit for her own prom and for the other she's wearing this BCBG dress:


and to give it a bit of pizazz she's wearing these BCBG shoes:


I love these shoes! But Wendy was having a devil of a time finding jewelry to work. We agreed that lapis lazuli would be gorgeous but she hadn't been able to find anything that wasn't an absolute fortune. I believe I have now saved the day with what I came up with.


Lapis lazuli and serpentine. Did you know that the first blue eyeshadow was simply crushed lapis worn by Cleopatra?


Emily is going to look stunning in this ensemble if I do say so myself!


UPDATE: here she is!

2 comments:

  1. this outfit looks gorgeous.
    i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Jay! Can't wait to see photos of the whole thing on Emily.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...