Monday, February 21, 2011

making cookies with my sister

My sister and I lived together for many years on our own and for all of those years our cooking repertoire consisted of pasta and eggs - everything else was take-out or order in. Neither of us knew how to cook, so this is actually the first time we have made something together.


















It's funny to me to see how we interact together. I've got the technical and instructional part down and then she makes it fanciful and creative. We're both good at both of those things but when we're together these are the roles we tend to take on - me being the bossy older sister and all.















Since I started making these cookies last year, they have become an absolute staple. They're super-easy to make and everyone loves them - enjoy!



Here's the recipe again:

• 1/2 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
• 1/2 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
• 1/2 cup smooth almond butter
• 1 egg, beaten
• 3/4 cup chocolate chips or a bar of your favourite chocolate, chopped up
* you can add other goodies that you like in addition or instead


- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- mix dry ingredients together
- add nut butters and mix
- add egg and mix
- add chocolate chips (and/or other goodies) and mix
- drop dough in rounded balls onto greased baking sheet
- bake for 5-10 minutes, keep and eye on them as they can burn quickly
- let them cool for about 10 minutes so that they set and don't fall apart
- EAT, ENJOY! they are yummy with a glass of almond milk!

1 comment:

  1. hey jessica. i found you through your gorgious sister who is adorable and so are you. since i saw her vlogs of toronto and your images of your appartment and surroundings i began dreaming about moving to toronto one day. and thanks for posting the recipe. i'm totally going to try these cookies and make them for my boyfriends, he has something like celiac disease too... best wishes jay
    my blog: artandloveandme.blogspot.com
    p.s. i tagged you on my blog cause you totally inspired me (your sister did too)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...