Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Crowded House

I love Crowded House! I've loved them for so long and never seen them live. I didn't realize that I've loved them so long that everyone (including me) got old. Went to see them last week with Anne (in the middle) and Siobhan (on the left).


Seriously, the first two albums came out when I was still in high school. But I think it's the music from that time in my life that is tattooed on my brain.


I know all the words to "Don't Dream It's Over", "Something So Strong", and "Better Be Home Soon" and really just about anything from Crowded House, Temple of Low Men and Woodface.


So it was a small bummer that they played a lot of songs from their new record which didn't even hit stores until the day after they played here.


Siobhan was kind enough to lend me all of her CDs when I told her I didn't own anything except Neil Finn's solo album, since I threw out all my tapes a few years ago. Which reminds me I need to replace all my Tears for Fears too!


But the show was great! The band was in fine form with lots of banter about the G20 - they like to know what's going on where they're playing and they have been to Toronto, many, many times.


Mark Hart played the lap steel standing up! I love that thing!


And Neil decided that they would pay the fine and play past the 11 pm curfew just to get in a few more songs.


Ending the night with the entire theatre on their feet singing Better Be Home Soon was spine-tingly awesomeness!

(all photos by Paul Mitchell or Sharon Fischer-Mitchell - Siobhan's friends)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...