Thursday, May 20, 2010

the best chocolate croissant

I may no longer be able to eat wheat, but let me tell you before I made that discovery I was a serious croissant connoisseur. Chabichou has the best chocolate croissant in town and I don't just know this because it is literally up the street.


But I did love getting up late on a Saturday morning and knowing that they would still have some of their delectable, perfectly buttery & flaky, soft chocolate in the middle pastries because they open at the very civilized hour of 10 am.


Now I know it simply as a temple to all things I can no longer enjoy because in addition to their perfect pastries it is primarily a cheese shop.


Although I'm pretty sure I'm not allergic to French boys ...


Ah yes, but back to how I know that those three little darlings on the right are the best thing in town? Well chabichou is a fairly new addition to the world of croissants and I have been eating these anywhere and everywhere they make them in this town for many a year now.


Sometimes they are overdone, frequently they are soggy, often the chocolate is hard in the middle. These are none of those things - they are perfect. But all I can do is smell them and remember the bliss ...


So to cheer myself up I'm pretending to be in a Monet painting (since I'm still pretending to be in France) ... Bonne journee!

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your week of pretending to be French! So charming.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...