Thursday, April 22, 2010

free rice: word play = save the day

I happened upon this website last night and became instantly addicted: FreeRice.com. I love big fancy words (I was an english teacher for 3 years) and doing things to make the world a better place. FreeRice combines both of these things!


FreeRice fights world hunger with multiple-choice vocabulary games. For every correct answer, 10 grains of rice are donated. I think I played this game in English for at least half an hour last night trying to increase my difficulty level - I'm a geek, I know. Then I discovered they also have French, Spanish & Italian and played it in Spanish for a while.


Next I’m gonna try my hand at world capitals and famous paintings. Let’s learn some things, donate some rice and feed some people – people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...