Sunday, March 14, 2010

a bluesy weekend

This weekend all things blue made me very happy and certainly made a great backdrop to the driving rain we had.


The Dakota Tavern kicked things off Friday night with some amazing fish tacos and Leon Night and the Neon Lights.


Leon was unexpectedly detained but my friend Rob Fenton and Patrick Brealey played some really fun bluegrass and early rock-n-roll.


Then my friend Jake Chisholm was playing some blues with Paul Reddick blowin some mean harmonica at The Gladstone.


I hadn't seen Jake in a dog's age but then he also turned up in two of the bands on Saturday night at The Sixth. First with Los Caballeros del Son doing some amazing sunny Cuban goodness...


then with Julian Fauth playing bluesy-jazzy my woman done me wrong songs.


Then Robby turned up again playing with Kristine Schmitt and The Powers That Be to end the night with some sweet sad bluegrass.


By the end of the night all sorts of people joined in on stage including my old friend Alex Parker and her hubby Tom from Lickin Good Fried which was really a nice extra treat!


We had such a great time we forgot all about the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...