Monday, February 8, 2010

2010 goal - learning to cook soup

I feel like I've mastered the double celery soup and it is really, really good. So it's time to try a new one. I went off to the market to get all the lovely ingredients for green soup with ginger which I mentioned a while back.

 

The ingredient list is a bit vague so I guessed a bit on the quantities.


And that potato-like item is supposed to be a sweet potato. It was labled sweet potato and it looked like a sweet potato before I peeled it but then after - not so much.
 
 

I think I followed the directions quite closely, although I did add a bit more ginger.



And this is how it turned out - kinda boring actually.

 

Not sure how to fix it up. Use actual sweet potato? add more onion & leek? add wild rice like someone else did? Hmmm, I may have over-cooked it. Not sure if I will try it again or try something else next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...