Thursday, January 14, 2010

new years in new york

Before I forget, celebrating the new year in NYC was full of more fun with kids. My friend David is an opera singer and we spent many late nights together up to no good in college. He and his wife Nicole hosted a small gathering of friends and neighbours. His daughter Sophia helped us ring in the new year with her purple tutu - she is adorable and speaks in very sophisticated full sentences - she's 2.


We played a very silly game involving descriptions, charades and one word clues, sometimes called "celebrity" which I had only ever played the previous year, on new years day. David and another friend from college and I were on the same team. We won with my clue of Ciccone (for Madonna of course).


The next afternoon found Emi, her husband Andrea and I hanging out in the meat-packing district.


First at Pastis for brunch ...


Then we went for a walk along the High Line. NYC has taken a derelict railroad and turned it into a really cool park. I wish I had actually taken some pictures of it, but the views were very distracting ...


Frank Gehry's "Iceberg" ...


and the first day of the year was glorious!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...