Monday, December 7, 2009

ebay is crazy

Wow, so I've been coveting the Homer Laughling Orange Tree bowls over at Mabel's House (learned how to hot-link today) and since I don't know anything about antique fairs I went straight to ebay to see what I could find.


These gorgous babies were originally made as sets of 5 mixing bowls in graduated sizes (now don't ask me what I plan to mix in them because I don't cook/bake) and didn't ebay just have a set of 4 - which is apparently unheard of. Unfortunately, my newbie status to this whole bidding thing meant that they got away for a ludicrously low price to someone who'd better love them. But I got me one just the same and I can't wait to see it live and in person!


 While I was there I managed to snag this too!! I have always been a serious sucker for vases and cut flowers - as is Marcel - but I thought it would be nice to try and grow something (and save some dough). I have a definite black thumb but I've been keeping a little purple shamrock plant alive at work for months so I'm going to give it a go when ms daisy here arrives.


1 comment:

  1. Truly fabulous finds. And thank you so much for your well wishes yesterday! I appreciated it more than you know!
    Hugs,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...